Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Alicia, "This Week in Texas" project, 4/12/16

Today, I started working through the final issue of volume 1. This is number 52, which makes sense, because there are 52 weeks in a year! The 52nd issue has a "1 year" graphic on its cover - I'm excited to see what the "Sampling Texas" section has to say about the birthday. In the thumbnails, the section looks longer than usual, so I'm expecting some heartfelt response from the author (I wonder who writes those sections - perhaps the publisher?)

As far as editing went, there was nothing new in terms of layout, but there were new ads that had to be dealt with. I also availed myself of a recent discovery - the End key. I found it a couple weeks ago, but today I finally figured out how to use it in the "Advertisers' Index" section of the magazine and the "Description" field of CONTENTdm. It allows me to insert page numbers in the former and semicolons in the latter more easily.

Highlights in the content I've covered for the week were "Life With Vera" (of course) and "Answers by Adam." But where are the answers by Eve? 

No comments:

Post a Comment