Thursday, April 7, 2016

Alicia, "This Week in Texas" project, 4/7/16

Today I went through issues 47 and 49 of volume 1. I skipped 48 because it looked TERRIBLE. Well actually just because it's not included in the collection. I also went through the first few sections of issue 50, so next week I will start off with "Sampling Texas."

The only trouble I had today was with the "Advertisers' Index" section, which I think I've written about a little. This section in the magazine is formatted like this, for example: The Briar Patch. . . . . . 13. It includes the name of an establishment and then the page number on which its ad can be found. The only problem is that this is not always how the index shows up in the transcript. It's hard to describe, but it looks pretty funky, and always different week to week. So sometimes I put the . . . . in and sometimes not. So much indecision!

The "Life with Vera" serial is still so outrageous. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment